- Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;
- with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased.
- Then I said, 'Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll— I have come to do your will, my God.'"
- First he said, "Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them"—though they were offered in accordance with the law.
- Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second.
- And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.